March 17, 2016 by Dean Ellis in News, Releases
We are very excited to announce MonoGame 3.5 is now available for download. Thanks to all the hard work from the community this is possibly one of the best releases so far.
UPDATE 3/30/2016: The original 3.5 release was updated to 3.5.1 with a few critical bug fixes.
We had tons of fixes and features in this release, but this is just a short summary of the major changes:
- Content Pipeline Integration for Xamarin Studio and MonoDevleop on Mac and Linux.
- Automatic inclusion of XNBs into your final project on Mac and Linux.
- Improved Mac and Linux installers.
- Assemblies are now installed locally on Mac and Linux just like they are on Windows.
- New cross-platform “Desktop” project where same binary and content will work on Windows, Linux and Mac desktops.
- Better Support for Xamarin.Mac and Xam.Mac.
- Apple TV support (requires to be built from source at the moment).
- Various sound system fixes.
- New GraphicsMetrics API.
- Optimizations to SpriteBatch performance and garbage generation.
- Many improvements to the Pipeline tool: added toolbar, new filtered output view, new templates, drag and drop, and more.
- New GamePad support for UWP.
- Mac and Linux now support Vorbis compressed music.
- Major refactor of texture support in content pipeline.
- Added 151 new unit tests.
- Big improvements to FBX and model content processing.
- Various fixes to XML serialization.
- MediaLibrary implementation for Windows platforms.
- Removed PlayStation Mobile platform.
- Added content pipeline extension template project.
- Support for binding multiple vertex buffers in a draw call.
- Fixed deadzone issues in GamePad support.
- OcclusionQuery support for DX platforms.
- Fixed incorrect z depth in SpriteBatch.
- Lots of OpenTK backend fixes.
- Much improved font processing.
- Added new VertexPosition vertex format.
- Better VS project template installation under Windows.
Note that we’re moving to a quarterly release schedule with 3.6 shipping in June. You can look at our milestones on GitHub to see the schedule of releases and our plans for the 3.6 release.
As always thanks for supporting MonoGame!