MonoGame for PlayStation 4 in the works...
For the past 4 years, little by little the MonoGame team has grown. We've added various platforms and had lots of games released using MonoGame. Today is another major milestone.
The MonoGame team is very proud to announce that a MonoGame port for PlayStation 4 is under-way.
We are porting MonoGame to the PS4 using Xamarin's fully featured Mono for PS4 port (available through Sony's Console Developer Programme to approved developers).
The MonoGame project and the whole team are ecstatic about the possibilities of bringing MonoGame to consoles.
This port of MonoGame for PS4, is being spearheaded by Tom Spilman, from SickheadGames. Tom and Sickhead were responsible for the Windows 8 port of MonoGame.
It is early days, but the initial work looks very promising.
- If successful, this MonoGame port WILL be a commercial offering, due to the proprietary nature of console development. It will NOT be FREE, like the current OpenSource offerings.
- Due to the first point, ALL work for this console port is being done in private repos.
- Current ports of MonoGame will remain FREE, as they currently are.
- No cost has even been considered yet, as we are still too early during the porting process to make that call.
- If you are interested in this commercial offering of MonoGame, please send an email to monogameteam [at] gmail [dot] com, to register your interest.
- To gain access to this port you will need to be part of Sony's Console Developer Programme. They are indie friendly so apply now.
- If you are a multi-billionaire individual or corporation benefactor who wants to throw money at the team, so Tom can work on this full time, then please send an email to monogameteam [at] gmail [dot] com, to register your throwing money interest ;).
- If you just like this project, or think its cool, remember we do have a donations page. We still do this in the little spare time we have :D.
We hope to announce which game developers will be using this port on PS4, in the near future.
As soon as we have anything useful and screen shotty to show, we will post it here and on twitter.